Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Focus Group


Focus Group

I did a short focus group in which I asked 4 people to take part in.

-Steven Budd

-Beth Smith
-Amber Dale 
-Claire Younger

Topic 1: How old are you? What is Your ethnicity and occupation? 

S- I'm 18, Caucasian and currently in education

B- I'm 17, Caucasian and also in education. 

A- I am 16, Caucasian and I'm at school. 

C- I'm 17 too, Caucasian and in education.  


Topic 2: What are your likes and dislikes, hobbies and interests? 

S- I like music, anime, watching youtube videos. I dislike chavs, chav programs like TOWIE. I don't really have any hobbies, I play games if that counts. My interests... erm I have no idea games again, TV programs and video game designs.  

B- I like free wifi (laughs) and I dislike facebook, that's a bit contradictory I know. I literally don't have any hobbies, music interests me. I like youtube and dislike odd numbers. 

A- I erm like listening and playing much and I really dislike being bored. Erm my hobbies and interests include writing music and drawing.

C- I dislike negativity but my likes, hobbies and interest are things like photography, art, fashion and socialising.

Topic 3: What do you like about Typography 1 and what do you think I could improve on?



S- I like the use of blood splatters I have an idea, keep the word outcast in the same style but cut it in half horizontally and have knife there? 

B- I really like it erm I guess the background could be less plain. 

A- It's really effective how the 'outcast' is in red and looks like splattered blood, it gives it more of a creepy feel to it and to improve it um maybe try a different font. I don't think it needs improving really but that's just an idea. 

C- I like the scratchings and markings behind the word 'Outcast'. Yeah, like Amber said you may be able to improve it by changing the font. 

Topic 4: What do you like about Typography 2 and what do you think I could improve on? 



S- I like the colours as the stand out but it seems a bit basic, maybe have blood dripping down.

B- I like the cracks you could always improve by putting blood like pouring down from a few of the letters, like what Steven said. 

A- I like the red and black contrast it makes the title stand out more and to improve maybe make the black more faded or something?

C- I like the use of a pattern inside the font it's cool. Maybe to improve change the colour? 



Topic 5: What is your favourite poster and why?


S- 'The Outcast' shows the person and the building rather then just the person taking up the whole space, give it a bit more of a creepy feel looking up at a build.

B- 'The Outcast' is more effective and mysterious, it looks more intriguing to. 

A- I like 'Escape2 because it shows all the detail in the girl and it's like she is hiding which goes with the title and I really think it's awesome how the space
 in her arms shows the location. 

C- I think 'The Outcast' is better as there is more emotion that you can kind of relate to it goes with the title more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment